The first round of the 6th Annual WSGA Champion of Champions, conducted by the Washington State Golf Association, will tee off on Monday, April 27 at The Home Course in DuPont, Wash., kicking off the 2015 championship season.
The championship will be played over 36 holes of stroke play on April 27 and 28. This year's field consists of 90 champions from around the state of Washington, competing in four divisions - Men, Senior Men, Women and Senior Women.
Defending champion and 2014 WSGA Mid-Amateur Player of the Year Mike Haack of Bellevue headlines the field this year. Defending champions joining him in the field include Keith Crimp of Ellensburg (Senior Men's), Leslie Folsom of Tukwila (Women's), and Lisa Smego of Olympia (Senior Women's) to complete one of the strongest fields the championship has seen. More entries were received for the 2015 Champion of Champions than in any of the event's previous five years.
Other past champions in the field include Sean Packer (2012) of Seattle, Tom Brandes (2012) of Bellevue, Denise Kieffer (2009) of University Place, Yasue Alkins (2012) of Steilacoom, and Alison Murdoch (2010) of Victoria, B.C.
The championship marks the beginning of the WSGA championship season and is hosted annually by The Home Course in DuPont.
To be eligible, a player must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- 2013 or 2014 Club Champion or Senior Club Champion of a WSGA member club
- 2014 champion of a WSGA Championship (excludes all team championships)
- Top-10 on the WSGA Men's Performance Points List as of December 31, 2014
- Top-5 on the WSGA Women's Performance Points List as of December 31, 2014
- Top-5 on the WSGA Senior Men's Performance Points List as of December 31, 2014
- Top-5 on the WSGA Senior Women's Performance Points List as of December 31, 2014
- 2014 WJGA State Junior Boys' and Girls' Champion
- 2014 champion of any event on the WSGA Men's, Women's, Senior Men's, or Senior Women's Performance Points List.
Follow along with daily live scoring, results, and pairings at www.thewsga.org. Use #WSGAChampofChamp to connect on Twitter.
Tags: Dupont, Keith Crimp, Leslie Folsom, Lisa Smego, Mike Haack, The Home Course, WSGA Champion of Champions